David Solomon Biography
David Solomon (1943 - ) Born in East Los Angeles, California. My uncle taught me how to paint signs and encouraged me to watch how the big billboards were painted. I could watch these billboard artists paint everything from new cars to high fashion. That was my first art class. In those days the future was science. I first studied engineering and geology, then architecture and design. While working at an electronics firm I decided to quit and go to Art Center, a design school in Los Angeles. After a career as a product and architectural designer I hung up my t-square & triangle. Now I focus on painting fine art and murals.
• Awarded teaching credential for life in California
• Who's Who in American Art - 1977
• Who's Who in the West - 1978
• Who's Who in Technology Today - 1979
• Two-time winner National Watercolor Society
• Collection of Smithsonian Institute
• Collection of National Watercolor Society
• Exhibitor: National Academy of Art - New York
• Included "Mastering Watercolor & Design"
• Collection American Airlines Hall of Fame
• Designer for Laguna Beach City Logo
• Exhibited 33 years at the Festival Arts - Laguna Beach, California
• First artist to be commissioned by Pageant of the Masters - 1980
Biography courtesy of David Solomon, 2010