Guidelines for Listing Your Artwork
The data for each product that a seller wishes to list on the Houzz Marketplace must be kept accurate and complete at all times.
Additionally, the following guidelines apply:
- All products must comply with the Houzz Prohibited Products Policyat all times.
- Creating a product listing for any other purpose other than to sell a product through the Houzz Marketplace is prohibited.
- The use of false, inaccurate, or misleading product identification information, including but not limited to name, description, brand, model, and UPC, in a product listing is prohibited.
- Creating multiple product listings for a single product is prohibited.
- Each product listing must provide: name, description, category, style, SKU, UPC (if it exists), parent-child associations, current quantity, price, shipping costs, lead time, product dimensions, shipping carton dimensions, and variations (if applicable).
- Product listings must follow these standards:
- Product listings should be as descriptive as possible, highlighting the features and benefits of an item. Details such as dimensions and an individual product condition should be completed in the appropriate fields, where applicable.
- Products should be properly categorized to the most specific category on Houzz.
- Products must be placed into the proper style on Houzz.
- Product names must be clearly written and must not contain the seller’s name or other contact details, internal identification numbers, or quantity/availability information.
- Product descriptions should accurately explain the features and benefits of the product and include any required category-specific information.
- Product variations (for example, color, size, and dimensions) must be grouped under a parent product and not listed individually.
- Product images must follow these standards:
- All images must be clear and high resolution and a minimum of 400x400 pixels.
- Images cannot contain watermarks, logos, landmarks, or people.
- Each product must have at least 1 image representing the product by itself on a white background and 1 image representing the product in a room or related space.
- The product price should not be greater than the price of the same product sold on seller’s own site or any other online sales channels controlled by the seller.
- The product quantity must be kept accurate and updated a minimum of once per hour.
- Seller must never list or sell an out-of-stock or discontinued item.
- Seller must specify the cost of shipping and should not exceed industry-standard rates.
- Seller must specify accurate lead times and not falsely advertise fast processing times in order to drive purchases. Processing times refers to total calendar days, not business days.
- The use of any of the following information in product names, descriptions, or images is prohibited:
- Content in violation of the Houzz Prohibited Products Policy.
- Email addresses, website URLs, phone numbers, physical addresses or any other seller contact information.
- Any deliberate attempts to provide ordering methods, sales, and discounts off of Houzz.
- Reviews or testimonials.
- Advertisements or promotional material.
- Misuse of text capitalization and other visual formatting.
- Dynamic scripting or other executables.